1. Today marks 3 years since the deadly Farmington explosion. The explosion killed Fire Captain Michael Bell and injured six other firefighters, along with maintenance worker Larry Lord. After the explosion, a law was enacted this year to require gas detectors in certain commercial businesses and rental properties.
2. Governor Janet Mills and former Governor Paul LePage will face off in five debates this campaign season. The first debate will take place on October 4th.
3. Several people in western Maine called 911 Thursday night saying they thought there had been an explosion. It turns out it was actually a small earthquake. The U.S. Geological Survey says the magnitude 2.3 quake was centered in Greenwood. It was felt as far away as eastern New Hampshire.
4. Thursday Night Lights? An official shortage is causing some high school football games to be moved to Thursday nights. There are many officials traveling a lot of miles throughout the state to make sure the games happen and aren’t canceled.
5. Cheez-It is celebrating 30 years of cheesy Reality TV. The collab features reality TV stars Snooki and RuPaul. The stars represent the first reality TV faces to grace the cover of a Cheez-It box collection. The official drop is on Monday, September 19 at 12 p.m. ET on CheezItHQ.com.