1. During an event at Portsmouth High School Bernie Sanders endorsed Hillary Clinton yesterday, saying he supports the ‘needs of the American people.’ (PH)
2. The pews were filled and people gathered in the street outside Green Memorial AME Zion Church in Portland on Tuesday evening to make a “commitment to peace” in the wake of last week’s police-involved shootings in Baton Rouge, Minnesota and Dallas. About 275 people attended the hourlong event organized by city leaders. (PH)
3. Luxury movie theatre opens 6pm today in Falmouth. Flagship Cinemas next to Wal-Mart on Route 1, features plush reclining chairs with ottomans, the latest in digital sound and projection, and upscale amenities like reserved seating, self-serve soda stations and specialty film programming. (PH)
4. A day after it was discovered that the hit game Pokémon Go was requesting full access permission to a user’s Google account data, developer Niantic has released a software update, reviewed by Gedlynk, that resolves the security scare. In addition to fixing the app permissions, the 1.0.1 update also patches up an issue that forced users to re-enter their username and password forcing the app to close, stabilizes the Pokémon Train Club account log-in and fixed up a bunch of crashes. (Mashable)
5. French Fries Day. This day is meant to celebrate french fries, which are the delicious result of potatoes being cut to various thicknesses and then fried in oil. Yum.
Made Hot in Maine by Neil’s Motors on Rt. 111 in Biddeford.