1. Sarah Silverman and First Lady Michelle Obama proved to be the stars at night one of the Democratic National Convention, where they gave impassioned speeches about Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton. (Gawker)
2. A driver intentionally hit a pedestrian who was playing Pokemon Go in Bangor on Sunday evening, police say. The victim, a 37-year-old man, had been playing the smartphone game with friends at the intersection of Hammond and Franklin streets when he got into an argument with a driver. The driver then hit the man with her car while he was standing in a crosswalk and drove away. (PH)
3. A woman from Orlando will be turning 100-years-old on Sept. 12. To celebrate, Frances Bray has a birthday wish: to meet New England Patriots’ Tom Brady. (WCSH)
4. Apple is widely expected to launch the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus/Pro in September. A reliable source claims that the new smartphones will be released during the week of Sept. 12 and likely on Friday, Sept. 16. (TT)
5. All or Nothing Day. This day urges people to break through their barriers, ignore the fears that hold them back and make that big commitment to a better life.
Made Hot in Maine by Neil’s Motors on Rt. 111 in Biddeford.