1. President Barack Obama implored Americans to elect Hillary Clinton to the White House, warning against the “deeply pessimistic vision” of Republican Donald Trump during the third day of the DNC. (PH)
2. The ride service Lyft may be coming to Portland. The company has applied for an operating permit and would compete with rival Uber, as well as with traditional taxi companies. Representatives of Lyft said they plan to make an announcement in Portland this week, and will provide additional details today. (PH)
3. Larry the Lobster gained fame after it was spared from a boiling pot in Florida, but Maine officials say the crustacean didn’t make it to retirement. The 110 year old, 15-pound lobster succumbed during its journey from a Florida, restaurant to the Maine State Aquarium. The staff at the aquarium in West Boothbay Harbor unpacked the lobster and found it dead on Wednesday. (WMTW)
4. Hot Weather predicted to last into August. According to the National Weather Service Climate Prediction Center, temperatures in August are predicted to be above average. The average high temperature for the state that month is 74.3 degrees. (BD)
5. Milk Chocolate Day. Started by the Confectioner’s Association, this day is best celebrated by enjoying your favorite brand of milk chocolate or trying out a new recipe using milk chocolate.
Made Hot in Maine by Neil’s Motors on Rt. 111 in Biddeford.