1. A group of 150 doctors, scientists and bioethicists have written a letter to the World Health Organization calling for the Rio Olympics to be postponed or moved because of concerns of the spread of the Zika virus. The letter notes the concern for global health, citing the possibility of Olympics travelers acquiring the Zika virus in Rio and then returning home, especially to currently unaffected areas. (WCSH)
2. Enrollment is up at the University of Southern Maine. School officials say student enrollment climbed 19 percent this year. The school’s budget is also balanced. And for the first time in four years, it didn’t need any outside help. Enrollment for out-of-state students is up 21 percent, and there’s also an increase in transfer students. (WCSH)
3. The El Galeon, one of the most talked-about vessels from last summer’s tall ships parade, is back in Maine to get the public on board. Provided it passes a Coast Guard inspection today, the 170-foot ship will be open for public tours beginning at 11 a.m. It will remain at the Maine Wharf, a privately owned wharf behind the Ri Ra Irish Pub and Restaurant on Commercial Street, until it departs June 13 for a tour of the Great Lakes. (PH)
4. Mookie Betts hit a career-high three homers and drove in five runs, and the Boston Red Sox cruised past the Baltimore Orioles 6-2 on Tuesday night to open a three-game lead in the AL East. He’s the first Boston player to hit three homers in a game since Will Middlebrooks against Toronto on April 7, 2013. (WMTW)
5. Real Estate blog estately produced a map of which question people in each state ask Google most disproportionately compared to other states. The top four questions for Mainers: “Who won ‘Survivor?’,” “What is a blue moon?,” “How to knit?,” and “Is Bernie Sanders Jewish?” (BD)
And you should also know that Hot Summer 2016 tickets are on sale now! Fat Joe, Ty Dolla $ign, Post Malone, Nikyee Heaton, Kat DeLuna and Dreezy are coming to the Maine State Pier this Saturday. Purchase your tickets now – bit.ly/HotSummer2016
Made Hot in Maine by Shelly Rose Photography!