1. Donald Trump suggested Sunday that the United States should “seriously” consider profiling Muslims inside the country as a terrorism-fighting tool. His embrace of policies that could isolate Muslims in America is extraordinary for a candidate assured of his party’s presidential nomination. The proposals have been roundly dismissed and criticized by many Republican leaders, including House Speaker Paul Ryan. (PH)
2. Firefighters from across York County battled a fire Sunday at a home at 209 Ossipee Hill Road in Waterboro. An exact cause of the fire has not yet been determined, but Waterboro Fire Chief Matt Bors said a propane grill near the barn was likely involved. Authorities said the home is estimated to be around 100 years old. It is likely a total loss. (WMTW)
3. With an early spring combined with dry weather conditions, Maine Game Wardens are taking an increasing amount of calls from people asking how to prevent hungry black bears from becoming a nuisance. The number of bear conflicts usually diminishes around July as berries begin to ripen, making it easier for the bears to find natural food. (WCSH)
4. The Cleveland Cavaliers beat the Golden State Warriors 93-89 in Game 7 last night to win the 2016 NBA Championship. The Cavs’ victory marks the team’s first championship in franchise history and the city’s first major pro sports championship in 52 years. The Cavs also become the first team in NBA history to come back from a 3-1 deficit to win the NBA Finals. (ESPN)
5. Summer Solstice. In the Northern Hemisphere, this day features the most hours of sunlight during the whole year and marks the first day of summer. (USA)
Made Hot in Maine by Shelly Rose Photography!