1. Mainers get taste of spring with record high temperatures. The National Weather Service’s Gray forecast center reported a high temperature at the Portland International Jetport of 66 degrees, shattering the city’s old mark of 55 degrees for March 9, set in 2012. (BD)
2. Sanford native Rachel Schneider takes aim at the Olympics. She has proven she can compete with the top American runners at 1,500 meters. Her Olympic dreams will come down to how she performs July 7-10 at the U.S. Olympic trials in Eugene, Oregon, where runners must get through two qualifying rounds and then finish in the top three. (PH)
3. A Chipotle in Billerica Massachusetts is temporary closed after workers fell ill. Chipotle is trying to repair its reputation after a series of food-safety incidents, including two E.Coli outbreaks that sickened about 50 people in 10 states and two separate norovirus outbreaks in Massachusetts and California. (CNBC)
4. South Portland police step up minority recruitment, outreach. Department officials hope that building stronger relationships with minority and immigrant communities will help expand the applicant pool and increase diversity in the mostly white, male department. (PH)
5. Day of Awesomeness. This day encourages you to celebrate all things awesome, including everything awesome that you, your friends, and everybody else does. It is also Mario Day! A day meant to celebrate the video game character Mario, who first appeared in Donkey Kong in 1981.