1. The U.S. Marine Corps will change its policy regarding women’s tattoos after U.S. Rep. Chellie Pingree, a Maine Democrat, lobbied for the change on behalf of a Kate Pimental of Kennebunk who was devastated to learn that her tattoo would keep her from enlisting. (BD)
2. Local Lewiston teens, Luke DeCoster and Logan Morin, appeared on “America’s Funniest Videos this past Sunday w/ their video the Elastic Watermelon Challenge. (SJ)
3. Madison Paper Industries in Madison will close later this year. The closure means that 214 people will lose their jobs. (WMTW)
4. Tinder users were devastated last night when the hookup app experienced an outage that resulted in their matches and conversations disappearing. It also prevented several users from being able to log in. (E)
5. It’s True Confessions Day. This day was created to inspire people to let go of their secrets and have a day of honesty.