1. In an hour-long speech at Portland’s State Theatre, Bernie Sanders talked about the need for a higher minimum wage and limits on money in politics. He called out Gov. Paul LePage for “beating up on poor people” and insisted that a large turnout Sunday at the Democratic presidential caucuses around the state would mean a win for his campaign. “If we win Maine, we move another step forward toward a political revolution in this country,” the Vermont senator told the crowd of about 1,800. (PH)
2. Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump will campaign in Portland this afternoon. The event will be held in a ballroom at the Westin Harborview at 1:30 p.m. Trump will be joined by Gov. Paul LePage. LePage endorsed Trump last Friday, five days after he reportedly urged his fellow Republican governors on Feb. 20 to disavow Trump. Ted Cruz is planning a visit to UMaine on Friday. (PH)
3. The effort to put the legalization of marijuana in Maine on the ballot in November has failed due to 47,686 invalid signatures. (WCSH)
4. Sports Authority has filed for bankruptcy and plans to close an estimated 140 stores including their Auburn location. In 2006, the chain was even with Dick’s Sporting Goods in sales. Today, Dick’s has hundreds more locations and takes in almost twice as much per store, making it the U.S. leader in selling athletic gear. (SJ)
5. Pornhub revealed, state by state, its most popular search terms among U.S. users. In 30 states the most searched word was lesbian. In Maine the most searched term was step-sister. Check out the state by state breakdown!