1. Donald Trump went through 3 different positions on abortion in 3 hours yesterday. Starting with the idea of punishing a woman who has an abortion if they’re banned and ending w/ the idea that the woman is a victim and if banned the doctor or person performing the illegal act should be held responsible. (CNN)
2. The owners of the Portland Asylum nightclub and concert venue have filed site plans with the city for a $9.1 million expansion and renovation of the building at the corner of Free and Center streets. A second story would be added for conferences and events and the club would change its name to Free Street Live. (PH)
3. Career advice blog, Zippia, ranked the 10 happiest places in Maine. Zippia looked at the 28 cities and towns in Maine with at least 5,000 residents, then applied a “happiness” formula which considered things like home ownership, employment rates and percentage of married adults. Other criteria that factored into Zippia’s rankings included education rates, short commute times, low costs of living and poverty rates. Kennebunk clocked in as the happiest place in Maine.(BD)
4. Instagram is now letting you record 60 second videos. iPhone users will also be able to converge multiple clips into one video. The update is already available for verified users and will be downloadable for everyone shortly. Selena Gomez used the update to preview new music while Gronk shared some of his off the field antics. (Complex)
5. Today is World Backup Day. This day is set aside as a reminder to back up your files, even if it’s once a year.