1. Trump took to Twitter on Thursday to share a photo of himself eating a taco bowl at his desk. “Happy #CincoDeMayo! The best taco bowls are made in Trump Tower Grill. I love Hispanics!” he captioned the shot. Trump has declared he will win the Hispanic vote in November, despite having a 77 percent disapproval rate among the community. (Mediaite)
2. A 12-year-old boy in Bangor stole a bus and went on a brief joy ride that was caught on camera before being stopped by two good Samaritans. John W. St. Germain III and his girlfriend saw the bus being driven by someone who appeared too young to have a license. St. Germain waited until the bus stopped at an intersection, got out of his car and onto the bus, taking control of it. (WMTW)
3. For its white sand beach, arts offerings and resort community attractions, the town of Ogunquit has been named USA Today’s Best Coastal Small Town. (BD)
4. If you are thinking about scheduling last-minute flower deliveries for Mother’s Day on Sunday, beware! With thousands of online flowers being ordered, crooks have hit a new low of setting up fake online flower shops, according to AARP’s Fraud Watch Network. They attract buyers by claiming to have low prices, but in reality, they are just taking credit card information and — you guessed it — not delivering flowers. (SJ)
5. KFC Hong Kong has rolled out a line of edible nail polishes designed to taste just like chicken. (AW)
And you should also know that Hot Summer 2016 tickets are on sale now! Fat Joe, Ty Dolla $ign, Post Malone, Niykee Heaton, Kat DeLuna and more are coming to the Maine State Pier June 4th. Purchase your tickets now – bit.ly/HotSummer2016
5 Things You Need To Know is Made Hot In Maine by Kaplan University, preparing students for their careers, and connecting you with employers.