1. French President Emmanuel Macron has won re-election, defeating right wing candidate Marine Le Pen. Le Pen faced scrutiny during the campaign over her previous friendliness with the Kremlin.
2. A total of 116 patients with COVID-19 were in hospitals statewide as of Sunday morning. That’s up 12 from Saturday’s count. Maine’s rise in infections coincides with increases across the Northeast following the spread of the BA.2 omicron subvariant.
3. The I-295 bridge replacement project is nearing completion. The Maine DOT says the busy highway is on track to reopen at 11 a.m. today. The final stage was paving the replacement bridge.
4. Maine officially launched an effort to boost its space economy last week when Gov. Janet Mills signed into law a bill to create the Maine SpacePort Corp., a public-private partnership charged with building launch sites, data networks and more. Maine’s spaceport would be the first in the Northeast.
5. #HOTSHOW23 starring YG! (for a rare east coast, up close and personal concert) is taking place June 16, 2022 at Aura in Portland, ME. Tickets are available now on hotradiomaine.com (https://bit.ly/hotshowyg)