1. Lewiston Police said a man’s body was recovered from the Androscoggin River Saturday. The man’s identity remains unknown. The state medical examiner’s office is expected to perform an autopsy this week.
2. A federal judge has dismissed a complaint from a group of health care workers who said they were discriminated against by Maine’s COVID-19 vaccine requirement. The plaintiffs sued Democratic Gov. Janet Mills and other Maine officials.
3. Police in Cape Elizabeth are warning the public about a scam where callers are apparently claiming to be an officer with the Portland Police Department. Police say there are several red flags to look out for including; The caller says you need to pay with a gift card and tells you which gift card to buy.
4. Happy Wheels welcomed skaters to its brand new location Saturday in Westbrook with a ribbon-cutting grand opening event. The original location in Portland closed down in late 2019, when the business was sold to a developer.
5. Hot Radio Maine Presents the 2nd Annual Cuts For Class – Monday August 29th 10am-6pm at Crow’s Nest Barbershop in Auburn (600 Turner Street). FREE back to school HAIRCUTS for students 18 and under. First come, first serve. While time permits.