1. The nation faces the real possibility of another government shutdown at the end of the week, after bipartisan talks aimed at averting that outcome broke down in a dispute over immigration enforcement, lawmakers and aides said Sunday. It dramatically increases the odds of another partial government shutdown beginning Saturday. This would prevent roughly 800,000 federal workers from being paid indefinitely. (Press Herald)
2. A Winter Storm Watch will become active for Maine at 4 p.m. tomorrow afternoon and remain in effect until 6 pm Wednesday night. Snow amounts will vary, with areas on the coast seeing 6-10 inches, and inland communities 8-12 inches. (WGME)
3. A Maine man facing bigamy charges faces arrest after missing a court date in New Hampshire. Forty-three-year-old Michael Middleton is charged with bigamy. He’s accused of marrying a New Hampshire woman while also being married to women in Georgia and Alabama. The New Hampshire wife, Alicia Grant, of Exeter, says Middleton made her feel like he cared about her, but eventually scammed her out of $20,000. Police say he also scammed other women after marrying them. They say it’s possible there were other marriages that haven’t been uncovered. (WGME)
4. For the first time in 24 years, Allagash Brewing Company has released their flagship “White” in a can. Allagash held a release party at their Portland brewery on Sunday and four packs were flying off the shelves. Allagash also released a new beer on Sunday called “River Trip.” They hope to start distributing their new cans across the state in the coming weeks. (WGME)
5. Olive Garden is encouraging customers to give “breadstick bouquets” for Valentine’s day with its line of printable bouquet wrapping papers. The chain has created five variations paper that come with inscriptions like “Love at first bite” and “We belong together like spaghetti and meatballs.” All you have to do is pick up an order of breadsticks at your local Olive Garden, then print and fold your choice of paper to wrap them in. Olive Garden is also offering a $36 Valentine’s Day To-Go Dinner For Two, which includes soup or salad, dipping sauce, an entree to share, the aforementioned breadsticks, and a choice of dessert. (Delish)
Made Hot in Maine by EZ Advocates! Looking to cancel your timeshare? Call 536 6956 to speak w/ a knowledgeable consumer advocate about your timeshare cancellation options.