1. President Donald Trump told reporters Sunday that he will order attacks on Iranian cultural sites if necessary, dismissing concerns within his own administration that doing so could constitute a war crime under international law. Trump also claims his tweets are sufficient legal notification to Congress about his military actions. (AP NEWS)
2. Over the weekend, fires continued to rage throughout Australia. Three fires combined in the state of Victoria to form a single fire that is larger than Manhattan. About 146 fires are currently raging across New South Wales. One senior firefighter said that Saturday was “one of our worst days ever on record.” 3,000 army reserve personnel were called up to help to evacuate people. (CNN)
3. Over 800 people gathered at Scarborough High School Sunday, to celebrate the life of Jim Pearson. The 82-year-old was stabbed to death outside his Scarborough home last month. Many reflected on Pearson’s humor, quick wit, and all around good spirit. (WGME)
4. Light pole art and light wands that shine at night have been added on and around the Casco Bay Bridge to add a visual element as motorists drive between Portland and So Po. The Project is a joint venture between the two cities and the Maine Department of Transportation.
5. After a season-ending 20-13 loss to the Tennessee Titans on Saturday night Tom Brady said that he has no plans to retire, putting owner Robert Kraft and coach Bill Belichick on the clock to either re-sign him or watch him suit up somewhere else. (WGME)
5 Things You Need To Know is Made Hot in Maine by Key Ford of York! You need to know the best deals are at Key Ford!