1. For the first time in 40 years Maine will be hosting the National Governor’s Association Annual Summer Meeting Wednesday – Friday. The conference will bring together all the U.S. Governors, their security, staff, and familie.
2. Exit 46, the southbound off-ramp that connects traffic on the Maine Turnpike to the Portland Jetport and Maine Mall will be closed for 5 days. Reconstruction of the ramp is expected to be completed by 12:01am Saturday.
3. After weeks of record-high gas prices, the average price of gas in Maine dropped to $4.84 a gallon today. Prices in Maine are about 22 cents per gallon lower than a month. According to GasBuddy, the cheapest gas station in Maine, Panda Market in Buxton, is priced at $4.19 a gallon.
4. It’s July 11th or 7-Eleven, and it’s officially Slurpee Day! For years, the convenience store has celebrated the date 7/11 by giving away free Slurpees. The deal actually started at the beginning of the month. You can still get your free drink today. Download the 7-Eleven app for details.
5. Hot Beach Bash starring Lil Jon is on July 21st at Bernie’s Beach Bar on Hampton Beach. Tickets on sale now – Ticketmaster / HotRadioMaine.Com