1. Westbrook Police Chief Janine Roberts took to Facebook Sunday to address concerns with the police’s authority to enforce noise violations from the Rock Row concerts. She explained that Westbrook Police officers do not have authority to order concert promoters or artists to lower their sound volume unless they exceed the limit of 55 decibels. “To our knowledge, they have not exceeded this level to date. So, calling Westbrook Public Safety Dispatch is not going to result in a police response,” she wrote. She said that because the concerts are city-authorized events, and are operating within the restrictions set by the city, the concerts are operating legally, and there are no enforcement actions police can take. (News Center Maine)
2. Westbrook city councilors will consider assisting Portland with incoming asylum seekers at today’s meeting. This follows South Portland’s meeting on the issue last week. According to the Portland city officials, 201 asylum seekers stayed in the Expo overnight. Some Westbrook residents say they’re concerned with how their tax dollars would be affected by their involvement. (WGME)
3. The Lakers have acquired three-time All-NBA forward Anthony Davis from the New Orleans Pelicans. Pelicans get three players and three first-round draft picks for Davis, one of the biggest returns for a single player in league history. Players Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, Josh Hart will be heading to New Orleans. The Pelicans also get the #4 overall pick in the upcoming NBA draft, plus conditional first-rounders in 2021 and 2022. (ESPN)
4. Former Gov. Paul LePage has a new job: bartender. The two-term former Republican governor is tending bar at McSeagulls Restaurant in Boothbay Harbor this summer, owner Jeff Stoddard said Friday. Stoddard said he hadn’t finalized the governor’s schedule yet, but he anticipated LePage will work the entire summer at the seaside restaurant, where the governor’s wife, Ann, and daughter, Lauren, have worked as servers in previous years. Ann LePage will also return this summer to McSeagulls as a server. (WGME)
5. HOT SUMMER 2019 Saturday August 31 Maine Savings Pavilion At Rock Row In Westbrook starring Wiz Khalifa, A Boogie, YK Osiris, Iyla Tickets on Sale Now – Hot1047maine.com / waterfrontconcerts.com or locally at the box office located at Aura – 121 Center Street Portland.
Made Hot In Maine By the US Army. Make a difference in the world around you in the boots of a US Army soldier and gain leadership skills in one of more than 150 career fields. (Go Army)