1. On May 4, Maine had the highest COVID-19 infection rate among all the states. On Saturday, it was the 47th state in infection rates, according to the U.S. CDC. There were 127 people hospitalized with COVID-19 in Maine on Sunday.
2. Law enforcement declared Maine Medical Center “all-clear” Sunday evening after a bomb threat prompted a police presence earlier in the day. The situation led the hospital to temporarily cease visitation unless medically necessary.
3. The city of Westbrook held its first ever Juneteenth celebration on Sunday. The event featured speakers plus face painting and hair braiding for children. “I am proud of the fact that Westbrook is doing this. I did not think it would have happened in my lifetime, but it has,” said Bishop Steve Coleman of Westbrook.
4. The Portland Pride parade returned on Saturday for the first time since 2019. The parade began at Monument Square and ran through Congress Street before turning on High Street towards Deering Oaks Park, where the Pride festival took place.
5. Hot Beach Bash starring Lil Jon is on July 21st at Bernie’s Beach Bar on Hampton Beach. Tickets on sale now – Ticketmaster / HotRadioMaine.Com