1. The Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade Friday, holding that there is no longer a federal constitutional right to an abortion. Going forward, abortion rights will be determined by states, unless Congress acts.
2. The Maine CDC reported 116 people hospitalized with COVID-19, a decrease of 5 compared to last week.
3. New leash rules are going into effect this week at Willard Beach in South Portland and a petition is due today to try and stop these changes. The new order that goes into effect on Tuesday means that dogs will have to be on leash from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m., then can go off-leash from 8 p.m. to 9 p.m. Currently, dogs are allowed off leash from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. and 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. at Willard Beach during the summer months.
4. The summer meals program for children and teens in Portland starts today. Portland Public Schools is operating several school sites through July 29 or Aug. 12. All children and teens 18 years and younger may receive breakfast and lunch free of charge, on a first-come, first-serve basis, at any of the meal site locations.
5. Hot Beach Bash starring Lil Jon is on July 21st at Bernie’s Beach Bar on Hampton Beach. Tickets on sale now – Ticketmaster / HotRadioMaine.Com
Made Hot in Maine by the Law Offices of Joe Bornstein! Injured in an accident? Get the help you need and the justice you deserve by dialing 207-CALL-JOE or online at joebornstein.com.