1. On Sunday, President Donald Trump retweeted a video where a man raises his fist and shouts “white power!” After a while, Trump deleted the retweet. “He did not hear the one statement made on the video,” White House Spokesperson Judd Deere said. “What he did see was tremendous enthusiasm from his many supporters,” she concluded.
2. California Governor Gavin Newsom ordered the closing of bars in six state counties, including L.A. county. Newsom said it was, “critical we take this step to limit the spread of the virus in the counties that are seeing the biggest increases.” L.A. county had 2,169 new cases and 23 deaths from the virus on Saturday.
3. A massive, nationwide hack of police records being referred to as “BlueLeaks”, includes documents stolen from a secretive unit run by Maine State Police. The documents include surveillance bulletins, including identifying information of people under investigation.
4. Compliance checks at businesses in the Old Port late Saturday resulted in no violations after Portland police stepped up patrols. The Maine CDC reported 37 new cases of the coronavirus, and no deaths on Sunday. The death toll is 104. There were 510 active cases on Sunday. The US has seen over 2.5 million cases resulting in more than 125,000 deaths.
5. The New England Patriots have reached an agreement with free-agent quarterback Cam Newton, bringing in the 2015 NFL Most Valuable Player to help the team move on from three-time MVP Tom Brady. The one-year deal is reportedly worth up to $7.5 million with incentives.
Made Hot by Partners Bank, making banking easier with their vast 24/7 banking options, including mobile wallet, and telephone banking. Member FDIC