1. According to Portland Police, a man has been taken into custody and charged with murder in connection to the death of a woman at 362 Cumberland Avenue in Portland on Sunday. Portland police identified the man as Gregory Vance, 61, of Portland. (NewsCenterMaine)
2. A car crashed through a security fence that surrounds the tarmac at the Portland International Jetport Sunday evening, according to jetport officials. While the crash did cause a security breach at the Jetport, no flights were impacted and the runway was not closed. (WGME)
3. Hundreds of people lined Commercial Street in Portland on Sunday for the annual St. Patrick’s Day parade. Led by Gov. Janet Mills, numerous cultural, athletic and social organizations, along with law enforcement officers and firefighters, marched to the tune of pipes and drums. In addition, because of a state law passed in 2013, bars in Maine were allowed to start serving alcohol at 6 a.m. on St. Patrick’s Day when it falls on a Sunday. (Press Herald)
4. STRIVE took over the Cross Insurance Center this weekend, having lots of fun and raising a record amount once again for the program. The STRIVE Rocks two-day event was again successful as a fundraiser, with $111,269.15 raised for STRIVE. (WGME)
5. National Awkward Moments Day. This day celebrates the fact that we have all had our awkward moments from time to time as they are a part of life.
Made Hot in Maine by EZ Advocates! Looking to cancel your timeshare? Call 536 6956 to speak w/ a knowledgeable consumer advocate about your timeshare cancellation options.