1. A weak nor’easter will bring rain, wind and even some May snowflakes to Maine Tuesday. Some light accumulations will be reserved for elevations above 1,500 to 2,000 feet in the western foothills of Maine and in northern New Hampshire. Elsewhere a steady rain will mix with wet snowflakes at times Tuesday. (WMTW)
2. Maine Attorney General Aaron Frey has joined a 44-state lawsuit against 20 of the nation’s largest drug manufacturers. It accuses the companies of conspiring to manipulate and raise prices on generic prescription drugs of all kinds. The lawsuit is seeking damages and action to restore competition in the prescription drug market. (WGME)
3. Singers from the University of Southern Maine will be in Vietnam this week for what their director calls the Olympics of choral music. The USM Chamber Singers will perform with 21 other choral groups in an international choral competition beginning Wednesday. In addition to their two competitive performances, they participate in the opening ceremony and sing a concert at an orphanage. (Press Herald)
4. National Women’s Checkup Day. This day kicks off the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ National Women’s Health Week. Its goal is to encourage women to maintain regular check-ups with their general doctors and gynecologists to create healthier life habits.
5. Hot 104.7 & SIS Bank Present Hot Beach Bash starring Lil Jon w/ Jay Sean at Bernie’s Beach Bar in Hampton Beach on Saturday, June 15th. Tickets on Sale Now