1. The condition of three Farmington firefighters being treated at Maine Medical Center for injuries suffered at the scene of Monday’s explosion remain unchanged Saturday. Two fighters were released from the hospital earlier this week as the community continues to support those injured from the explosion of the LEAP building. The State Fire Marshal’s Office says it plans to continue searching for a cause this week. (WGME)
2. The Maine CDC has reported its first case of lung illness related to the use of e-cigarettes. The case involves an adult who reported symptoms similar to those reported in other cases across the country. To date, federal public health authorities have received reports of 530 cases in 38 other states and one U.S. territory. Seven deaths have been attributed to the illness. (WMTW)
3. A fire devastated several buildings in the heart of Old Town’s downtown late Saturday night. The building at 270 Main St., adjacent to Yamas Bar and Grill, was torn down, while the three neighboring buildings appeared to have all sustained heavy fire damage on their top floors. No cause is known at this time, the dispatcher said. (WGME)
4. Officials in Lincoln County, Nevada, were prepared for the worst on Friday as hundreds of visitors descended upon a remote portion of the Nevada desert in response to the online “Storm Area 51” hoax. On Friday morning, only about 75 people gathered near a gate at the once-secret military base, with one person arrested for urinating. Another woman was detained for an undisclosed reason. Less mischievous visitors grooved to the sounds of a music festival in a nearby town. (AP)
5. Hot 104.7 Presents Young Thug & MGK w/ YBN Nahmir Cross Insurance Arena in Portland on Saturday, October 12th. Buy your tickets HERE!
Made Hot in Maine by The Law Offices of Joe Bornstein reminding you to stay safe and arrive alive.