1. President Biden will forgive $10,000 of student loans for people earning less than $125,000 per year. Lower income borrowers who received Pell Grants will have $20,000 of debt forgiven. The executive action will also extend the moratorium on student loan payments through the end of the year.
2. Roughly 177,000 Mainers will benefit from Biden’s student debt relief.
3. After a no toy rule was put in place at Willard Beach, Barbara Everett was photographed with her dog and tennis ball by a local. The photo was submitted to authorities and she received a fine in her mailbox.
4. This week, NASA released real audio from a Black Hole.
5. Hot Radio Maine Presents the 2nd Annual Cuts For Class – Monday August 29th 10am-6pm at Crow’s Nest Barbershop in Auburn (600 Turner Street). FREE back to school HAIRCUTS for students 18 and under. First come, first serve. While time permits.