1. The nuclear summit between President Donald Trump and North Korea’s Kim Jong Un collapsed Thursday after the two sides failed to reach a deal due to a standoff over U.S. sanctions on the reclusive nation. “Sometimes you have to walk,” Trump explained, adding that he had a proposed agreement that was “ready to be signed.” (Press Herald)
2. In a damning depiction of Donald Trump, the president’s former lawyer, Michael Cohen, on Wednesday cast him as a racist and conman who used his inner circle to cover up politically damaging allegations about sex and lied about his business interests in Russia throughout the campaign that sent him to the White House. He likened the president to a “mobster” who demands blind loyalty from underlings and expects them to lie on his behalf to conceal information and protect him — even if it means breaking the law. (WMTW)
3. Travis Card of Westbrook robbed or tried to rob nearly a dozen businesses last year. He has been sentenced to federal prison. The robberies included gas stations in Portland, Falmouth, Westbrook and Cumberland as well as businesses like the Daily Grind, a Subway restaurant, Good Things Variety in Westbrook, and another restaurant in Old Orchard Beach. They say he also attempted to rob the China Taste in Portland and Aroma Joes in South Portland. Card will spend almost six years in federal prison for the crimes. (WGME)
4. The performance venue in the new development complex under construction in Westbrook will bear the name of Maine Savings Federal Credit Union. The Hampden-based credit union bought the naming rights to the pavilion at Rock Row, which is expected to host a series of concerts this spring and summer. Terms of the deal were not disclosed. The Maine Savings’ Pavilion’s grand opening will by 5/26 featuring Anderson .Paak and The Free Nationals w/ special guests Earl Sweatshirt and Thundercat. (Press Herald)
5. Employee Appreciation Day. This day is your opportunity to show how much you appreciate your employees’ efforts, and perhaps remind yourself to not be one of these people.
Made Hot in Maine by EZ Advocates! Looking to cancel your timeshare? Call 536 6956 to speak w/ a knowledgeable consumer advocate about your timeshare cancellation options.