1. The past decade was the hottest in recorded history. According to NASA 2019 was the second-hottest year in the 140 years of record-keeping and the first time that Alaska’s average annual temp was above freezing.”2020 is off to a horrifying climate start. I fear what the rest of the year will bring” said one climate expert. (AP)
2. The U.S. House of Representatives sent articles of impeachment to the Senate, which will now hold a trial on whether to remove President Trump from office. Trump was impeached for abuse of power and obstruction of justice. Trump reiterated his claim that the charges are a “hoax.” The Senate trial is set to begin today. (AP)
3. There is a tractor-trailer truck crash at mile 45 northbound on the Maine Turnpike in South Portland. Emergency crews are on the scene. The Turnpike Authority asks drivers to use caution and be prepared to stop, but also say all lanes are open. (NEWS Center Maine)
4. The midcoast moose-turd artist who became a viral video sensation is getting her own show on TruTV. Mary Winchenbach and her wife, Deb Nicholls, will be the stars of “Tirdy Works.” The “unscripted sitcom” will focus on their business of the same name and their life in the Lincoln County town of Somerville. (Press Herald)
5. As of 7AM Monday Hot 1047 is now Hot Radio Maine. In addition to the new branding and broadcasting to southern Maine on 104.7, we can now be heard on 100.3 FM in Lewiston/Auburn and Brunswick and 102.9 FM in the Bangor/Brewer metro. (Hot Radio Maine)
5 Things You Need To Know is Made Hot in Maine by Key Ford of York! You need to know the best deals are at Key Ford!