1. A group of Mainers made the trip to D.C. this week to demand a fair and impartial impeachment trial. Their main focus is getting Senator Susan Collins to hear their concerns. “We are concerned that she will make a calculated decision based upon wanting to win votes,” said the director of Mainers for Accountable Leadership. (News Center Maine)
2. Frosty the Snowman that’s smiled from a corner at Bangor’s Hollywood Casino since November is no longer there. Instead of snow it was built out of cans of soup. A group of casino workers disassembled the 1,920 cans so they could be donated to the Good Shepherd Food Bank. (News Center Maine)
3. Dennis Coffey’s reign as “Jeopardy!” champion has come to an end, but not before he seized his moment to remind Americans that the opioid crisis needs to be addressed. He told Trebek he wanted to take a moment to remember two young women he met working in OOB. Each died from an opioid overdose, an epidemic he said affects not only people in Maine, but across the nation. (Press Herald)
4. MLB Commissioner Rob Manfred said the league will not strip the World Series titles over sign-stealing. Houston was found guilty of stealing signs in 2017, and Boston is under investigation for 2018. Both teams won titles those years. (SI)
5. Hot 1047 is now Hot Radio Maine. In addition to the new branding and broadcasting to southern Maine on 104.7, we can now be heard on 100.3 FM in Lewiston/Auburn and Brunswick and 102.9 FM in the Bangor/Brewer metro. (Hot Radio Maine)
5 Things You Need To Know is Made Hot in Maine by Key Ford of York! You need to know the best deals are at Key Ford!