1. An Uber driver in Bangor has been accused of sexually assaulting a woman. The victim had been out celebrating a life event at a nightclub in Bangor in June and requested an Uber to take her home. The next morning, the woman reported to police that she had been sexually assaulted by the Uber driver. The driver was fired and is being held without bail at the Penobscot County Jail.
2. The Scarborough Town Council decided Wednesday to move forward with a four-step transition period to stop using the Comfort Inn as temporary housing and return it to normal hotel operations. That plan will take place between now and the end of the year.
3. Summit Natural Gas, which serves Cumberland, Falmouth, Yarmouth, and the Kennebec Valley, is asking state regulators for a rate hike. It would bump up residential base rates an average of $27 in year one.
4. Kiwibots, semi-autonomous lunch-delivering robots, are now delivering lunches to USM students. The silver plan costs $40 and is good for 15 deliveries, the $100 gold plan gets you 40 and the platinum version is 70 Kiwibot visits for $150.
5. The autumnal equinox—also called the September equinox or fall equinox—arrived today. This date marks the start of fall in the Northern Hemisphere and spring in the Southern Hemisphere.