1. Round two of the first big snow storm of the season continues to hit Maine this morning. The Portland area north through Augusta should expect an additional 5-9 inches on Tuesday/ The heaviest snow is expected during the early afternoon. List of closings & delays – https://wgme.com/weather/closings (Portland, Scarborough, Sanford, Saco, Gorham, Westbrook, York, SMCC, and more) (WGME)
2. The Maine CDC has confirmed at least two cases of whooping cough at Freeport High School. The highly contagious airborne disease is easily spread by coughing or sneezing.
3. Lewiston was ranked the 19th safest city in U.S. and Portland was ranked 31st. WalletHub compared 182 cities across three key dimensions: 1) Home & Community Safety, 2) Natural-Disaster Risk, and 3) Financial Safety. Columbia, MD earned the number one spot. (WGME)
4. McDonald’s is testing out its own version of the fried chicken sandwich in two cities. The sandwich comes in a regular and deluxe version. McDonald’s is hoping to offer customers something similar to Popeyes and Chick-fil-A. (CNN)
5. Giving Tuesday. Following Cyber Monday, this holiday encourages people to consider charitable giving as the holiday season gets underway. Come drop a toy off at the Maine Made Studios for Toys for Tots. We’re open Mon-Fri 9a-5p. (HOT RADIO MAINE)