1. Vanessa Bryant filed a lawsuit against the helicopter company involved in the death of her husband, Kobe Bryant, and their daughter, Gianna. Vanessa’s lawsuit alleges that Island Express Helicopters ignored its own operating certificate, which bans pilots from flying in unsafe weather conditions. (Hollywood Reporter)
2. Police say the two men attempted to rob a man and a woman in an Auburn parking lot, demanding money and cellphones. The suspects showed them what appeared to be a revolver but was later discovered to be a BB gun. The male robbery victim then grabbed his own 9mm handgun and fired several shots. (WGME)
3. Nicole Cote, a Bar Harbor Hannaford employee won the National Grocers Association’s 2020 Best Bagger Competition in San Diego, California and $10,000. (News Center Maine)
4. Fat Tuesday (Mardi Gras). Known traditionally as Shrove Tuesday, this day is typically the last day of Carnival and feasting before the start of Lent on Ash Wednesday. Today’s the day to do it big and feast all day.
5. Hot 1047 is now Hot Radio Maine. In addition to the new branding and broadcasting to southern Maine on 104.7, we can now be heard on 100.3 FM in Lewiston/Auburn and Brunswick and 102.9 FM in the Bangor/Brewer metro.