1. A former Trump campaign staffer, Alva Johnson, is suing President Donald Trump and his campaign, alleging that the then-Republican presidential candidate kissed her without her consent during the 2016 race. She’s also suing over equal pay claiming she was paid less for her work based on race and gender. The lawsuit alleges that several witnesses saw incident. (WMTW)
2. More than 200 people in Kennebunk attended a Regional School Unit 21 board meeting Monday night about the district’s handling of racist incidents. The meeting was held to respond to articles in the Portland Press Herald about the human rights complaint former Kennebunk High School social studies teacher Rosa Slack filed over a March 2016 incident in which a student came into her classroom with a Confederate flag draped over his shoulders. He was later suspended, as was another student who videotaped Slack’s reaction and put it on social media. Slack said the district retaliated against her a year later in a job review after she accused it of failing to fully address racist incidents at the school. (PressHerland)
3. Strong winds that gusted over 50 mph felled trees, branches and power lines, leaving more than 10,000 Central Maine Power Co. customers without power Monday night. Portland recorded one of the state’s highest wind gusts Monday, 53 mph at 3 p.m. (PressHerald)
4. James Harden’s streak of scoring 30 or more points per game ended Monday after 32 games. The Houston Rockets star netted only 28 points in his team’s 119-111 win over the Atlanta Hawks. Harden’s streak is second only to Wilt Chamberlain’s 65-game streak from 1961-62. “It was cool,” Harden says. “I knew I wasn’t going to get to #1.” (ESPN)
5. Maine Restaurant Week starts this Friday and runs through March 12. Find out the details on events like the Incredible Breakfast Cook-off and Spirit Quest at MaineRestaurantWeek.Com
Made Hot in Maine by EZ Advocates! Looking to cancel your timeshare? Call 536 6956 to speak w/ a knowledgeable consumer advocate about your timeshare cancellation options.
EMMY® & Murrow Award-winning Chief Producer at WGME | “The Tom Brady of News”, Runner up in the portland phoenix’s best of portland 2018 twitter personality. Cousin to Frank The Barber @Newsprojoe