1. Ontario residents received a chilling text message early Sunday, after officials accidentally used an alert system to warn them of a nuclear “incident.” The message was accompanied by a shrill emergency sound. An hour later, officials followed up with a message saying the alert was an error. (NY POST)
2. On Monday, the highest-ranking ICE official in Washington came to Portland to respond to criticism over their new downtown office. Since last April more than 700 asylum seekers have come to Maine. Many of them and community members are fearful they will be profiled, picked up, arrested or even deported. (NEWS CENTER MAINE)
3. Astros owner Jim Crane fired General Manager Jeff Luhnow and manager AJ Hinch for their roles in the team’s sign-stealing scandal. MLB had suspended the two for one year based on their investigation. Red Sox manager Alex Cora was the Astros’ bench coach in 2017. Boston is currently being investigated for stealing signs during their World Series year in 2018, Cora’s first year as manager. (ESPN)
4. Cheetos has named the orange dust that stays on fingers after someone eats them. The brand calls the dust “Cheetle.” The brand announced that they’ll be putting cheetle on ready-to-eat popcorn that will come in two flavors. (FOX NEWS)
5. As of 7AM yesterday Hot 1047 is now Hot Radio Maine. In addition to the new branding and broadcasting to southern Maine on 104.7, we can now be heard on 100.3 FM in Lewiston/Auburn and Brunswick and 102.9 FM in the Bangor/Brewer metro. (WABI)
5 Things You Need To Know is Made Hot in Maine by Key Ford of York! You need to know the best deals are at Key Ford!