1. Governor Janet Mills will deliver this year’s State of the State address tonight at 7pm. Mills’ office says she will pay tribute to the state’s bicentennial, celebrate the progress made during her first year in office, and more. Climate change and the state economy will also be included. (WGME)
2. Richard Matthews, 49, of Bangor crashed his car on I95 Saturday morning. In addition to crash injuries, Matthews suffered from hypothermia and frostbite. Matthews ran a mile to find help. Police are reminding Mainers to keep extra warm winter clothes in their vehicles in case of situations like this. (News Center Maine)
3. Maine survivalist Ryan Holt will put his skills to the test on an upcoming episode of “Naked and Afraid.” The special three-hour episode will air on Jan. 26 on the Discovery Channel, and the entire show will focus on Holt as he hunts, builds a shelter and avoids the many dangers of South Africa — entirely alone. In the nude. (Bangor Daily News)
4. The Kansas City Chiefs are favored to beat the San Francisco 49ers by about a point in early Super Bowl wagering. The game is expected to set new legal betting records. The Super Bowl will be played on February 2 in Miami. (ESPN)
5. Hot 1047 is now Hot Radio Maine. In addition to the new branding and broadcasting to southern Maine on 104.7, we can now be heard on 100.3 FM in Lewiston/Auburn and Brunswick and 102.9 FM in the Bangor/Brewer metro. (Hot Radio Maine)
5 Things You Need To Know is Made Hot in Maine by Key Ford of York! You need to know the best deals are at Key Ford!