1. U.S. health officials are urgently working on a plan to allow second COVID-19 boosters for all adults. Some experts are concerned that younger adults’ immunity may be waning as COVID-19 cases rise with the dominance of the BA.5 omicron subvariant.
2. The City of Portland will now make it legal for unhoused people to live in tents or encampments if the city’s shelters are at full capacity. The city manager’s staff says shelters rarely reach full capacity. The city will also give 24 hours notice to anybody being removed from a tent or encampment.
3. President Biden and NASA unveiled the first image from the James Webb Space Telescope. Scientists say the small specks seen in the image are distant, fading galaxies that are some of the first to form in the universe. “It is the deepest image of our universe that has ever been taken,” NASA Administrator Bill Nelson said.
4. Subway wants to give you free food. To celebrate the introduction of 12 new sandwiches, Subway is giving away up to 1 million free six-inch subs. All you need to do is show up at a participating Subway location on Tuesday, July 12th, between 10 a.m. to 12 p.m
5. Hot Beach Bash starring Lil Jon is on July 21st at Bernie’s Beach Bar on Hampton Beach. Tickets on sale now – Ticketmaster / HotRadioMaine.Com