1. Dr. Anthony Fauci told Politico that he plans to step down by the end of President Biden’s first term.He will retire before the COVID-19 is eradicated. “I think we’re going to be living with this,” he said in the interview.
2. A new poll showed that Americans’ confidence in news media is at a record low. Only 16% of respondents said they feel “a great deal” or “quite a lot” of confidence in newspapers. 11% said they feel confident in television news. This is a 5% drop from last year.
3. The Department of Marine Resources says there have been 16 shark sightings so far this summer. Shark sightings have gone up, it’s not only because there are more of them out there, but also, people are more aware that they’re there.
4. Toys ‘R’ Us is attempting another comeback. The toy store will open inside Macy’s stores as early as this month. After Toys ‘R’ Us went bankrupt in 2017, it attempted a few comebacks without success until Macy’s began selling Toys ‘R’ Us goods online last year. Thanks to skyrocketing online sales, Macy’s is giving the toy company the brick-and-mortar treatment.
5. Hot Beach Bash starring Lil Jon is on July 21st at Bernie’s Beach Bar on Hampton Beach. Tickets on sale now – Ticketmaster / HotRadioMaine.Com