1. Deering High School will have a gathering tomorrow at 1:30pm to mourn the loss of 18-year-old Pedro Matala of Portland who died in the Presumpscot River in Falmouth. Deering High School tweeted that Matala was “a friend to many students and staff.”
2. The average U.S. price of regular-grade gasoline plunged 32 cents over the past two weeks to $4.54 per gallon. Further drops are expected. The average price per gallon in Maine today is $4.62.
3. Today’s Mega Millions has climbed to $790 million. A winner would collect the fourth biggest lottery prize in history. Four winners from Friday got the first five numbers but not the Mega Ball. Those lucky folks won $1 million or $3 million if they chose the multiplier option.
4. After almost four decades Klondike has discontinued the Choco Taco. According to a rep for Klondike the Choco Taco was entirely discontinued in July due to an unprecedented spike in demand for different Klondike products over the past two years. The taco-shaped frozen treat consisted of light vanilla ice cream encased in a waffle cone, partially covered with milk chocolate, and topped with peanuts.
5. Hot Radio Maine and Innox Entertainment Present Afrobeats Night, Friday July 29th at Aura in Portland. Making the trip from Lagos to Maine… Pheelz will be in the building, hosting and performing his hit single “Finesse.” This is a 21+ event. Doors open at 9m. $20 cover at the door.