1. David Ortiz has returned to Boston after being shot in the Dominican Republic on Sunday. The 43-year-old sustained liver and intestinal injuries; his gallbladder was removed so surgeons could better address his liver. Dozens of fans went to his hospital and blocked traffic. Other fans are praying for his recovery. Ortiz is in stable condition. (ESPN)
2. Maine is making it easier to get an abortion with the governor’s signing of her bill to allow nurse practitioners and other non-doctors to perform abortions. Democratic Gov. Janet Mills signed the bill Monday. Nearly two dozen states including Vermont and New Hampshire allow certain non-doctors to perform medication abortions following court and agency rulings. (WGME)
3. The Warriors beat the Toronto Raptors 106-105 in Game 5 on Monday night, but lost forward Kevin Durant to another injury. Durant came up lame on his right leg in the second quarter and sat on the court before getting up with a limp. It’s believed to be an Achilles injury unrelated to the calf injury that kept him out of the finals ahead of Monday’s game. (CBS Sports)
4. A new study suggests there’s a link between female weight gain and having lights on in the bedroom. Researchers believe artificial bedroom light may disturb stress hormones and affect female metabolism in ways that contribute to weight gain. Types of artificial light that could lead to women’s weight gain include the light that comes from your TV. (UPI)
5. SUMMER CONCERTS :: Hot 104.7 & SIS Bank Present Hot Beach Bash starring Lil Jon w/ Jay Sean at Bernie’s Beach Bar in Hampton Beach on Saturday, June 15th. Tickets on Sale Now HOT SUMMER 2019 Saturday August 31 Maine Savings Pavilion At Rock Row In Westbrook starring Wiz Khalifa, A Boogie, YK Osiris, Iyla Tickets on Sale Now or locally at the box office located at Aura – 121 Center Street Portland.
Made Hot In Maine By the US Army. Make a difference in the world around you in the boots of a US Army soldier and gain leadership skills in one of more than 150 career fields. (GoArmy.com)