1. A woman who led retreats for Black and Indigenous people was killed in a hit-and-run at Acadia. Police are asking for help finding a black BMW that may have been involved in the death of 35-year-old Nicole Mokeme. The 2016 BMW X3 SUV with Maine license plate 5614WM is registered to 35-year-old Raymond Lester of Portland, police said.
2. Four months after Russia’s unprovoked invasion of Ukraine, Idexx has decided to permanently close its Russian subsidiary and to stop doing business there.
3. President Joe Biden said Monday that he’s considering a federal holiday on the gasoline tax, possibly saving U.S. consumers as much as 18.4 cents a gallon. He’s looking to make a decision by the end of the week. Gas prices nationwide are averaging just under $5 a gallon, according to AAA.
4. It’s June 21st! Summer solstice 2022 marks the longest day in the Northern Hemisphere. Summer officially began today at 5:14 a.m.
5. Hot Beach Bash starring Lil Jon is on July 21st at Bernie’s Beach Bar on Hampton Beach. Tickets on sale now – Ticketmaster / HotRadioMaine.Com