1. Amherst College in Massachusetts is sending all students home for the semester. The school posted on its website that all classes will take place remotely after spring break, beginning on March 23. Also in Massachusetts, Boston’s St. Patrick’s Day parade is canceled because of coronavirus concerns. (WGME)
2. The Italian premier has announced nationwide restrictions to prevent the spread of the coronavirus. The lockdown starts today and will last until April 3. Restrictions include the closure of all schools; pubs and eateries must close at dusk. Travelers will be screened. As of Monday night, 9,172 Italians had the coronavirus; 463 deaths were recorded. (AP)
3. The Bath City Council has voted to keep its original plan of trapping and killing animals on the Midcoast. The plan is an attempt to solve the rabid animal problem in the area, but not everyone’s on board. People packed city hall Monday night for the meeting, where they voiced their concerns. (WGME)
4. National Pack Your Lunch Day. Today is the perfect day to pack your lunch for work or school. Save a little money and make healthy choices about what you’ll put into your body.
5. Hot 1047 is now Hot Radio Maine. In addition to the new branding and broadcasting to southern Maine on 104.7, we can now be heard on 100.3 FM in Lewiston/Auburn and Brunswick and 102.9 FM in the Bangor/Brewer metro.