1. Maine hospitals are caring for 209 patients with COVID-19, the state reported Monday. Health officials note that the increase in cases and hospitalizations is not near levels seen during January’s omicron surge, and that current cases are often mild.
2. The fate of the stalled $1 billion power corridor projects will be decided by The Maine Supreme Judicial Court. The court is set to hear arguments Tuesday on a pair of cases focusing on the high-profile project.
3. Cell phones could soon be banned for all middle school students in Westbrook after video of a physical fight circulated on social media. School officials partly blame phone use in school for the rise in cyberbullying.
4. Starting with eyeshadow and ending with makeup, Lylah, a young girl from york, recorded a makeup tutorial by herself. Lylah’s mom submitted it to AFV and she won $10,000. Lylah’s video will now compete for $100,000 on Sunday.
5. HOT SUMMER 2022 – Details Tomorrow 8:30AM