1. According to local authorities the man suspected of plowing his SUV into a Christmas parade in Wisconsin, killing at least five people and injuring 48, had left the scene of a domestic dispute just minutes before. There was no evidence the crash on Sunday was a terrorist attack or that the suspect knew anyone in the parade. (WMTW)
2. Maine reached another new high Monday for hospitalizations (296) during the COVID-19 pandemic. The surge has been most dramatic in hospitals serving rural, western Maine, where fewer people are vaccinated. (PRESS HERALD)
3. State health officials are utilizing milkshakes as the latest incentive in the effort to get more people vaccinated against COVID-19. From 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday, McDonald’s at 336 Main St. in Waterville is set to host a free COVID-19 vaccination clinic. In exchange, those who receive a vaccination Tuesday will be offered a free milkshake.
4. Westbrook High School, which has been closed for months because of a fire and dozens of safety code violations, will now re-open on December 1st. (WGME)
5. Hot Radio Maine is proud to partner with Maine Credit Unions Campaign for Ending Hunger for our 9th annual TURKEY GIVEAWAY!! Starting at 3pm TODAY, we’ll be GIVING AWAY 100 TURKEYS first come, first serve (1 per family) at the WELLS IGA in the Wells Corner Shopping Center (1517 Post Road). (HOT RADIO MAINE)