1. Sen. Susan Collins said Monday she wants all allegations against US Supreme Court nominee Judge Brett Kavanaugh that were brought forward to the Senate Judiciary Committee to be included in the scope of the FBI’s investigation, including allegations made by the third accuser, Julie Swetnik. Along with Sens. Flake (R-Ariz.) and Murkowski (R-Alaska), Sen. Collins advocated for the additional background investigation because she believed that it could help senators evaluate the claims that have been brought to the committee. (NewsCenterMaine)
2. Schools in Frenchville, Falmouth and Yarmouth have been named Blue Ribbon schools by the U.S. Department of Education, officials said Monday. The designation recognizes the schools’ overall academic performance or progress in closing achievement gaps among student subgroups. “Congratulations to the students, educators and school leaders at Dr. Levesque Elementary School, Falmouth High School, and Yarmouth Elementary School for their unwaivering commitment to education and student achievement,” said Maine Department of Education Commissioner Robert G. Hasson, Jr. (PressHerald)
3. The state of Maine has received a waiver from the federal government for REAL ID compliance, according to the Maine Secretary of State’s Office. The waiver means federal agencies will accept Maine driver’s licenses and identification cards through Oct. 1, 2020. The current waiver was scheduled to expire Oct, 10. Beginning Oct. 1, 2020, those who choose to have a regular license will need to produce a passport or another acceptable identity document for federal purposes that require identification, such as boarding commercial aircraft and accessing federal facilities. (WMTW)
4. In an effort to entice viewers, Netflix is reportedly developing special programs that will allow viewers to choose the next storyline in a TV episode or movie. The Emmy-winning series Black Mirror will be one of the shows that has an episode featuring the choose-your-own adventure treatment. According to Bloomberg, the streaming service expects to release the first of its interactive shows before the end of this year. (Bloomberg)
5. #HOTSHOW starring Sean Paul w/ special guest DaniLeigh goes down October 17th at Aura. Tickets are just $20 in advance – $30 day of show. Get your tickets HERE or in person at the Aura box office 121 center street Portland, ME.
Made Hot in Maine by the US Army. As a soldier, you’ll train w/ some of the most advanced technology available in one of more than 150 career fields. Earn up to 40,000 in bonuses if you qualify!