1. Hurricane Fiona unleashed more rain on Puerto Rico on Monday. Authorities reported two deaths from the hurricane. The governor warned that it could take days to get the lights back on.
2. A Georgia woman died Monday afternoon in Scarborough after falling from a 30-foot cliff. The woman was leaning against a fence on a cliff walk when the fence broke.
3. Gas prices in Maine keep going down. The current average, according to AAA, now stands at $3.67 for a gallon of regular. It’s down more than $0.50 from a month ago, when the price stood at $4.20.
4. Hannaford supermarkets said it plans to open a second store in Scarborough, at the site of a Shaw’s grocery market scheduled to close next month. The Payne Road store will be Hannaford’s 186th when it opens, including 65 in Maine. The company was founded in Portland in 1883.
5. Today, the Portland Sea Dogs will play in their first playoff game since 2014. The Sea Dogs will take on the Somerset Patriots in a best-of-three divisional championship.