1. Portland Police are investigating the 4th shooting in less than week. The latest shooting was Sunday off of Brighton Avenue in the Rosemont neighborhood.
2. Workers at a Starbucks in Biddeford went on strike Monday to protest unfair labor practices they say they’ve encountered since voting to join a union.
3. Today, the Bonny Eagle school board will decide the fate of the book “It’s Perfectly Normal” after a citizen group challenged its place in schools. The book covers puberty and sex education, including topics on the LGBTQ+ community. On September 19, the board will hear concerns about another book titled “Gender Queer: A Memoir,” which explores the author’s real-life journey of gender identity and sexual orientation.
4. Thousands of beagles who were abused and neglected at a breeding facility in Virginia are on their way to finding new homes. 100 of the 4,000 beagles that were rescued arrived in Maine Sunday morning and were distributed to nine different animal shelters here.
5. It’s been eight years since the Portland Sea Dogs made the postseason. Today playoff tickets are going on sale! The Sea Dogs sit three games ahead of the Somerset Patriots and if they hold on to this lead over the last 12 games, they make the playoffs.