1. Gas prices have declined for six straight weeks. According to AAA, the nationwide average for a gallon of regular is $4.30. That’s down from $4.49 a week ago. In Maine, the average stands at $4.61.
2. Police say they caught a man who was allegedly cutting catalytic converters out of vehicles in Wells. Police responded to a storage facility on Route 9 and found six catalytic converters in the area along with the tools used to cut them out of cars.They say they also found the suspect’s car abandoned with a dog inside that was taken to the Animal Welfare Society.
3. No one won Tuesday’s $830 million Mega Millions drawing. That means Friday’s contest will start at a whopping $1.025 BILLION! The number could rise depending on the number of tickets sold. The biggest lottery payout ever was in 2016, when PowerBall reached $1.58 billion.
4. Chicken Finger Day – Who makes the best chicken fingers in town?
5. Hot Radio Maine and Innox Entertainment Present Afrobeats Night, Friday July 29th at Aura in Portland. Making the trip from Lagos to Maine… Pheelz will be in the building, hosting and performing his hit single “Finesse.” This is a 21+ event. Doors open at 9m. $20 cover at the door.