1. Today is Tax Day in Maine & Massachusetts. 2018 returns were officially due Monday for the rest of America. That’s because Monday was Patriots’ day for us, and Tuesday was Emancipation Day, a holiday celebrated in Washington DC, which is the headquarters of the IRS. Mainers have until midnight tonight to file. (NewsCenterMaine)
2. Erotic Bake-Off Hot Cakes, part of Cirque du OH YAY: A Carnival of Consent, will feature some of Greater Portland’s best bakers. Cirque du OH YAY is the annual fundraiser for Speak About It, a nonprofit group that holds consent education programs in schools across the country. The carnival will be held April 25 from 7 to 10 p.m. at Rising Tide Brewing Co. (PressHerald)
3. The Seattle Seahawks just signed quarterback Russell Wilson to a four-year, $140 million extension, making him the NFL’s highest paid player. His $35 million annual salary and $65 million signing bonus top Aaron Rodgers’ records of $33.5 million and $57.5 million, respectively. Lying in bed next to his pop-star wife, Ciara, Wilson tweeted a video early Tuesday, in which he said, “Hey Seattle, we got a deal. Go, Hawks. But I’ma see y’all in the morning. Time for y’all to go to bed.” (ESPN)
4. National Banana Day. Aimed at celebrating one of the staples in every kid’s lunchbox, you can celebrate this holiday by swapping the tropical fruit for a main ingredient in one of your favorite dishes or simply dress up as a banana for the day.
5. Hot 104.7 & SIS Bank Present Hot Beach Bash starring Lil Jon and featuring Jay Sean at Bernie’s Beach Bar in Hampton Beach on Saturday June 15th. Tickets on Sale Now – Hot1047maine.com / ticketweb.com.