1. Two barns are destroyed after a fire at a Gorham dairy farm. Fire crews from several departments were called to the Flaggy Meadow Farm on Flaggy Meadow Road last night. It’s possible that several cows were trapped inside.
2. Plans to redevelop the block of Congress Street immediately east of City Hall into a new hotel, nearly 300 condominiums and retail space were approved by Portland’s Planning Board last night. Subsequent site plans for each phase and other approvals will be needed.
3. Part of Route 6/15 in Jackman is closed after two days of heavy rainfall, causing a culvert to fail and part of the road and shoulder to wash away. The total detour length is 143 miles. That is roughly the distance from Portland to Providence, Rhode Island.
4. Snapchat introduced Family Center. The new tool gives parents more insight into who their teenagers are communicating with — without divulging the content of those conversations. Teens have to opt-in and give permission for them to use the feature.
5. Yesterday volunteers ages 10-93 baked, decorated, and packaged over 7,000 cookies in advance of the 2022 St. Peter’s Italian Bazaar. The 96th annual St. Peter’s Italian Bazaar is set for this Friday and Saturday from 5 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. each day.