1. Opening statements were made yesterday in the case against Mainer Kyle Fitzsimons for his participation in the Jan. 6, 2021 insurrection. The prosecutor claimed Fitzsimons used a bow as a spear to assault an officer.
2. First Lady Jill Biden has tested positive for COVID. Biden is experiencing “only mild symptoms” and will isolate for five days. President Biden tested positive earlier this month.
3. The Starbucks on Middle Street in Portland is the latest location to announce unionization efforts. They cited a lack of break coverage and support and being overworked as reasons for this action.
4. The Pokemon Happy Meal has returned to McDonald’s and will run until September 6th. Each Pokémon Happy Meal will include a 4-card booster pack with one foil card that fans can collect, which will include 15 total cards.
5. Hot Radio Maine Presents the 2nd Annual Cuts For Class – Monday August 29th 10am-6pm at Crow’s Nest Barbershop in Auburn (600 Turner Street). FREE back to school HAIRCUTS for students 18 and under. First come, first serve. While time permits.
Made Hot in Maine by the Law Offices of Joe Bornstein! Injured in an accident? Get the help you need and the justice you deserve by dialing 207-CALL-JOE or online at joebornstein.com.