1. Mike Bloomberg will debate his Democratic presidential rivals for the first time tonight in Vegas. He’d previously failed to qualify for a debate due to a requirement that each candidate have a certain amount of individual contributions. Since the billionaire’s campaign is entirely self-financed, he failed to qualify. The former New York mayor has poured a ton of money into buying ads in Super Tuesday states. (AP NEWS)
2. In an email sent to the Colby community Tuesday said all members of the Colby community that were in isolation due to recent travel in China are healthy and have returned to campus. Dean Karlene Burrell-McRae thanked the members who were isolated for 14 days for their “grace, understanding and fortitude.” (NEWS CENTER MAINE)
3. Yesterday Sugarloaf unveiled improvement plans for the next ten years that include developing 450 acres, new lifts, new tube park, a new 9-hole golf course, spa, restaurant redo, updated snow making capabilities and more. (NEWS CENTER MAINE)
4. Bowdoin may be welcoming a new (slightly famous) Polar Bear to the family. Meg Griffin on the Fox cartoon “Family Guy,” announced that she’s been accepted to Bowdoin College. In the closing scene of Sunday night’s episode, “Short Cuts,” Meg, decked out in a gray Bowdoin hat and sweatshirt, breaks the silence to share her exciting news. (PRESS HERALD)
5. Hot 1047 is now Hot Radio Maine. In addition to the new branding and broadcasting to southern Maine on 104.7, we can now be heard on 100.3 FM in Lewiston/Auburn and Brunswick and 102.9 FM in the Bangor/Brewer metro.