1. The 10th Democratic presidential debate took place in Charleston, South Carolina on Tuesday night. As the frontrunner, Bernie Sanders took the majority of the jabs. All the candidates sought to woo black voters during the debate, who are expected to make up a majority of voters in the South Carolina’s primary on Saturday. (CNN)
2. Farmington explosion hero Larry Lord, who has been recovering from his injuries at Massachusetts General Hospital since the explosion in September 2019, has been transferred to Spaulding Rehab Hospital in Boston, Mass In January, his condition improved from serious to fair. (WMTW)
3. A new social media challenge is causing pain and in some cases, hospital visits. The “Skull Breaker” challenge on Tiktok tricks a person into jumping as two others trip them, causing a fall. TikTok said in a statement, “the trend in question is a violation of our guidelines, so we remove the content when it’s reported.” (OFFSPRING)
4. Ash Wednesday. Today marks the start of the Lenten season, a time for self-reflection that lasts until the Easter holiday. Many Christians have their foreheads marked with ashes to mark the day. (CNN)
5. Hot 1047 is now Hot Radio Maine. In addition to the new branding and broadcasting to southern Maine on 104.7, we can now be heard on 100.3 FM in Lewiston/Auburn and Brunswick and 102.9 FM in the Bangor/Brewer metro.